Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Pour yourself a cup of coffee...this is a long one

So we had Gabe's birthday party last Sunday and it was such a good time. You know the best part? I didn't have a thing to clean up. Who cares about the kids having fun...who cares if Gabe had a good time...who cares about remembering the boy's 6th birthday forever and reflecting on the last year of goodness. All I know is that I didn't have to clean up. So this was the best place ever for a party because you can have a bunch of kids running around being crazy loud, making a mess, getting teh energy out and it is just not your house! Who ever thought of this gig was a genius. He did have a great time though and thought it was great to have all of his friends in one spot. I've already announced that next year there will be no parties. They can take a friend to Chuck E. Cheese and that's it. Hey, that's a place where you don't have a mess to clean up too. Brilliant! No parties at home any more.


Here are a few pics of the gorgeous cake my mom made. Of course it is a pirate ship and is just completely awesome. She made it andn then put the sails on and candles when she got there. Gabe was so excited to see what LoLo made for his party since Ella got the castle. The kids all thought it was great too.






What in the world? This girl is such a drama queen trying to steal any attention away from Gabe that she can. She hurt her foot so bad and went into such a crying fit that they got her an ice pack to put on it. As you can see she is just in such pain and agony over her severe injury.
The church had a hayride about 30 minutes outside of town at a meeting center and it was fun. This is a pick of all of us waiting to get freezing cold on the long hayride that pulled us fast and created a major wind chill. Good thing we came prepared!! What is my hand doing? That is weird. It's just sitting there dead.
So yesterday Ella came home from preschool yesterday with a report from a clinic who did a hearing and vision screening stating that she had great hearing and terrible vision. Her right eye was 20/80 and the left was 20/100. So after a bit of guilt for not realizing or noticing that my little girl had any sort of vision problem I decided that I needed to take her in for an exam. We were able to get into a clinic that had opened only a couple months ago. The doctor was fabulous--like seriously he was just wonderful and had four kids of his own and know exactly what to say and do. Long story short, he said that her actual vision was 20/70, but he did not recommend glasses for her because she was so young and had never shown any signs of problems. I am supposed to bring her in next year for another exam unless she starts squinting or having problems in school or watching the tv too close or something. I was really glad about that though only so I can put off dealing with glasses on the kids for a bit longer. I know it is inevitable considering Micah and my vision and our family's history with it as well. I just really didn't feel like dealing with the maintainance of glasses on a four year old right now.

Here is Gabe the future optometrist telling Ella about how the equipment works. He has never been to the eye doctor and that was the first time he had every seen that equipment. He just has to instruct his little sis though.
And then finally I had a few evenings to work on some scrappy pages. Here are four and I have more coming up. After this weekend maybe. I am also working on my Christmas cards and they may be finished after a weekend at the Bell's this weekend. I'll work on them in the evening after the kids go to bed.











6 comments:

Domestic Diva said...

Love the hooter!!!

I am glad you took Ella to the eye Dr...very mom of the year for you!

Same some creative juices for Christmas!!! Where we will scrap till we drop! I cannot wait!

Amos said...

So where was Gabe's party, the gymnastics place? I recoginze the sponge cube things from the place Saundra took us this past week. Looks like fun. And that cake is the bomb! Logan really like playing with JJ's pirate ship so that might get be the theme for BD #7. 7, yikes!

Glad you were the responsible mother with Ella. Hey, I am going to double my nominations of Mother of the Year just for your attentiveness. ;)

Can't wait to scrap, those pages are awesome. You inspire me!

DeGrimm said...

Ok... I love the cake your mom made! She is so creative! Tell her hi for me (and your dad too!) Ella just makes me laugh. I can just imagine what a big deal that foot was to her. And why can I imagine, you ask? Because I KNOW I am in for the same thing...

I'm glad to hear Ella didn't need glasses. Like you, I know that day is coming for us too.

Cute hayride pic. You're funny, I probably would not have even noticed your hand. But now that you mentioned it....lol.

I love you, girl. And, I love your scrapbook pages! You're the best...when I grow up I want to be just like you.

u6kvcvxiudfuydvu7g t t (that's Laney's way of saying she loves you too. She was very upset with me for not letting her type. So I gave in.)

quiltmaker said...

Missed you at the Ladies Christmas Fellowship Luncheon on Saturday. Helen came too. The church is absolutely beautiful all decorated up. I had to take a bunch of pics of it.

Glad to hear Ella can wait with the specs. Mallory got glasses and after having headaches every day for a year, we found out she didn't need them (go figure).

Tell you mom that she is making me look like a horrible nana to my own grandbabies! She's so stinking talented that it's making me look positively below infantile!!!

amazingbrenda said...

The party sounds like a hoot. Yeah yeah no cleaning up, that's what I'm talking about. hehe.

The cake looks fab. Way to go LoLo!!!

Glad everything turned out ok at the eye doctor.

Love your pages. Bring your ideas cuz I'm dry, that's right diva, creative juices..yeah yeah..

Jen said...

Your scrapbook style is my ABSOLUTE Favorite EVER! just so you know!