At the Grimm house we celebrate Christmas for one week. That's right...one week. We started this year on Friday the 21st and opened gifts with just our family. Micah, the kids, and me. We didn't hype it up too big this year because frankly we couldn't really think of anything the kids didn't have. They certainly didn't need toys, we were pretty set on clothes, games were unnecessary, and what else is there? So we had a few things to open and some stockings to dig into. We got some sub sandwiches, watched a movie, listened to Christmas music while we read the Christmas story, and had hot chocolate. It was a fun little start to the week ahead. The next morning we headed to the parent's house and celebrated with them. We played about 5 games and ate a bunch of soup and sandwiches. Garth was there with us also. Ella got a new box of clothes for Jordy and Gabe got some new games. They also got bunches of fun things LoLo picks out for them. She's the best.
We headed out to Lake Madison to celebrate at my aunt and uncle's house with my dad's side of the fam. On Christmas Eve we made the trek down to Arkansas to have our Christmas with Micah's fam. Caleb was home and we spent the night all crammed in there house. I think it may be more fun to pile all over eachother for a week. Charis and I took these fun pics on gift opening night. Isn't she so pretty? Micah and I had so much fun with them this weekend. We watched some sweet Office episodes and played card games most of the time around the house. The kids played with all of their fun thing they got.
That wrapped up our week fo Christmas. We went on to a weekend of New Year's. Back to school for the boy tomorrow. Ella doesn't go back until next Tuesday. Nice to have a break for the usual. Nice to get back into a routine.
4 comments:
What fun you had! Wow Charis is beautiful. She sure grew up quick, not the little tween anymore. What fun pics.
I think the zig zags would've made me wanna hurl too. That is the not so cool part about the MO/AR line.
Glad you guys had so much fun. Wish we could have been there too =( Love you and miss you TONS!
Hey...I always figured you for the roller coaster girl!
Charis is a hottie!
Yep, sad for the memories but glad to be living here...wanna move to CO? I will be your very best Nobody ever!
Wish I did not work while I lived there, but probably would have been harder on me.
Lol, what other mane can we name you, we got flying Jay, hmm hurling Jay?
It was very nice seeing you. Charis is a very pretty girl.
Post a Comment