I was doing my hair this morning and may have decided something. I say may because it isn't totally my decision. I am married and my husband has some say on how I do my hair. I decided when we first got married that my husband has most of the say in how I do my hair because he's the one who has to look at my mug most often. I don't look at myself when I am talking, I don't look at myself when I am cooking, I don't look at myself when I am walking away, I don't look at myself when I am playing cards, etc. He is the one who is looking at me most often, so he should have some say in how I do my hair and make-up. About every three years or so I get sick of the long hair because it takes so long to maintain. My hair is frizzy if I don't dry and straighten it. I can't just let it dry and it be straight as a board like I want it. So here is my quandry....cut it or leave it and fight it. It takes awhile to grow out and not the most comfortable thing to do when it is in the "in between" stage. Hmmmm.....
Another thing I am trying to decide on is if I should paint the woodwork in my house white. I really would like to because I think it would modernize it quite a bit but........it is such a ton of work. Maybe I just need to work room by room starting with the main living areas. I just don't know about it though. So much time that I could be scrapbooking.
Enough with the quandries.....
I am now watching Miss America. I have never quite understood this pagent thing. It is an interesting thing that all these chicks line up and sing, dance, and whatever all to do what? What happens after they win? They visit sick children in the hospital? Thnere are a lot of people that do that. That is all they ever show them doing. Or speaking in front of a hotel podium? Who are they talking to and what about? and what credibility do they have? and who cares what they have to say anymore than what any of the rest of them have to say? I think I just don't get the whole thing.
So I haven't scrapbooked all week or did anything for myself. I worked a lot this week. Typed and typed on the computer and went in to the office quite a bit as well. Micah was in Dallas training all the good ole girls and boys down there. He was quite stressed before going down there so I tried not to complain or stress him out even more. He got in late last night and was glad to be home. I kinda like it when I have the house to myself. By the end of the week I am ready for him to get back, but I enjoy being by myself. I like to watch my own shows, go to bed whenever I want, eat whatever whenever...that sort of thing. It is nice to have my husband home though. Someone to talk to other than a 6 and 4-year-old.
Adios.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Things that make you go hmmmm...
Posted by Somebody's Nobody at 8:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hair....my sister has had long, beautiful hair for 20 years...recently, she cut it into a bob! Kinda like Posh...the spice girl!!! She loves it!
Baseboards...white dings really easy, but I don't like "wood" color.
Wish I could've scrapbooked with you this weekend...maybe when the Schnee is in Daytona!!! I am going to try to catch up to y'all scrapbooking demons!
xoxo...missed yakking today :(
DON't CUT IT!!! It is soooo cute! I know it's high maintenance, but really I loved it when I saw you.
Baseboards, Hmmm, i know you are cheap, but I would just buy a pack of trim at Lowe's, which is already primed and put new stuff on. Hmmm, No i wouldn't because that would be more work. Oh whatever, I guess my tired mind has no opinion. Paint away! ha!
I know, I will come have a painting party with you, and then about April or May, you can come have a painting party with me on my New house! Ok, deal!
All I can say is that hair grows back. Why not try something new. If you don't like it,....well...you can always do something else with it, once it grows. I like it long, but I like having fun with it.
Paint! paint away. I'm sure it will look fab. BTW, the sticker-rubbon that you put going down the stairs, I think IKEA might have sonthing like that. They have a whole line of that kind of print on curtains, material etc. I knew I ahd seen that tree desing somewhere. Very nice.
Cut it. If you dont like it, it will grow.
You saw mine, I just cut a bunch, it's not my favorite style, but I'm still glad I did it.
Donate it to Locks of Love and you'll feel good about it, no matter what it looks like.
Post a Comment