Monday, March 03, 2008

UPDATE!

Things have been busy around the house here. I haven't blogged in awhile and I thought I should update. So we've been busy but I really can't think of what we've done. Oh yeah, the kids got sick. Mom had influenza and I think we may have picked it up from her. Little Ella has lost a few pounds in it all because she hasn't eaten much at all. Her face has gotten narrow and her tummy isn't quite so bulging. She had a few extra pounds so she's fine.

We stayed home so many days in a row with all of the nonsense that I got a few projects done around the house. Micah motivated me to clean my scrap room and it has become quite the process. I should have pics of it next week. I have also been sewing because I am just not too inspired to scrapbook. Here are my projects...

This is the prototype of a shoulder bag I made for Deanna for her birthday. This was the first try at it and it turned out so junky. It wasn't very cute and had all sorts of imperfections. Not good enough for my De, so I made her a bigger better bag.





Here is the one De got for her birthday. I am a really bad friend though because her birthday was in January. Seriously, that was a month and a half ago. And it does not stop there.





I made these for Guru and Amos for Christms. I made them last week. That is so bad. But I made them and they received them today! A Christmas miracle. And Amos' birthday card(s) arrived in her package too. Her birthday was in January before Deanna's was. I wish I had a kick in the butt for every event. I am NEVER on time. I am for my niece and nephew's birthdays though. That has to count for something.


Here is Guru's mirror.
This is Amos'. She loves red and she put it on the walls in her kitchen, so she got this one.

And now for the big moment. I just finished these this evening. I am so in love with these babies. I just smile every time I look at them. Especially the owl. Micah likes the peacock better, but I love love love the owl. I wanted to make some things for the walls of my scrap room with things I already had on hand. I had a couple canvases and a bunch of cuts of Amy Butler fabrics. So I came up with this idea to embroider these images on some fabric and wrap it tight around the canvas. I found a couple images that I really liked and freehanded them on some wonder under, cut them out, ironed them on the fabrics, cut them out again, and ironed the cutouts on the main fabric. I stitched an embroidery stitch all the way around every raw edge too. Ella helped me pick out some buttons this morning and I glued them on with some fabric glue. Voila.



Oops. The other button fell of the sprigs on the peacocks head. I'll have to put anonther on.





Then I made this skirt for Ella. I am in the process of another one too that is greens, yellows, and summery colors. It is cute with leggings underneath it.
And lastly I made her this dress. I watch Project Runway every Wednesday and this was a Project Runway inspired pattern I found at the store. Found some Cheapo Depot fabric and threw it together. It was quite a difficult pattern, but I managed and it came out very cute.


So that's about it up here. I have been very busy with my real estate. Have a few buyers now and been driving all over the place showing houses. Micah signed up for classes at Colorado Tech and will be taking two to finish his Associates in Business Management. Then he will finish up the remaining 11 classes towards his Bachelor's and he will be done! I am going to have a HUGE graduation party for him when he finishes. He will have a Bachelor's in Human Resource Business Management. HURRAY!
Gabe is really reading a lot now. He read us a book before we went to bed last night and it was so stinkin cute. And he was so proud of his skills. He is so smart. We are really working on math now. He knows all of his single number addition and some subtraction. Hopefully by the end of the school year...

4 comments:

DeGrimm said...

WOW! I am so impressed with you! I LOVE my purse! I've used it several times now...and I've even gotten comments on it! Really, it's SO cute and I don't mind at all that it was late. I love it so much! Thank you for making it for me! You are so stinkin talented...what the what (to quote you)! I love everything you made - especially the owl...he's my fav too. Wish I could see them in person. Cute skirt and dress you made for Ella. Seriously...can I be you when I grow up?!? I miss you so much. Congrats to Micah - he's So close! Tell Gabe next time we see you guys he can read Hayden and Laney a bed time story! How cute! I love you!

Domestic Diva said...

OMGoodnesssss......you are so talented....I want some of your talents! Those are AWESOME projects! I really like the peacock! Didnt think I would, but I love it! Can I have a purse? I will be a good Nobody for a long time!!!!

Amos said...

What a sew-a-rama you have been having! Lucky. I want a peacock and a hooter like that. And a mirror, oh yeah, I already got one! Sweet, it is Sweet. See I subliminally made you put lime green bling on it! Lime green, I am still deciding, but now that I have a mirror to coordinate I must paint it.

amazingbrenda said...

Wow, those are awesome bags!!! Love the owl & the peacock. Really cool. The dress is soo cute.

Me too, I want those talents tooo. Too cool!!