We went fishing!! Yippee! I ran over to the store and grabbed a fishing license for the year. I guess that's a reason for me to take the kids now. I could always say, "You have to wait for daddy. Mommy doesn't have a license." No excuses now. It's fun though. I'm not very good at it in that I don't know what kind of bait and things to use to reel em in. Oh well, if nothing else it's reason to get a good tan out in the sun. I picked up a cute little Disney Princess pole for Ella. She was ecstatic at the crown that came with it as a practice lure to practice casting in the yard. Memorial Day was beautiful and we went to the Falls with the Bell's to drop a line. We packed a picnic lunch, some Cokes, and our poles and night crawlers. We were out there for about four hours or so and all we caught was a garter snake. I think Ella is a snake girl. She would not stop picking that thing up like it was some sort of stick or something. It would wrap around her arm and it just tickled her to giggles. So with her bag of Sun Chips in one hand and a snake in the other she walked all around the shore of the river. No biggie.
And last is my new patio out back!!! I'm really excited for this because we will now have a place to put some patio furniture and our grill blah blah blah. Oh yeah, and a place for the kids to bounce a basketball out back. Great!! I didn't know they were going to pour it today, so the guys show up and start. Well, the kids go to the babysitter on Tuesdays so I can work, but good giref, I HAVE to get their handprints in it!!! I think it is so much fun to look back on it on how little they were etc. So I run across town to get the kids from the sitter, bring them back to the house, put their hands in the concrete for future generations to enjoy, and then run them back across town to the sitter's house. Deep breath. I'll take pics of it all when it is done. The forms are still on and the bushes have not been put in yet. Maybe in a couple weeks I'll be done. Maybe.
5 comments:
Your kids are adorable. I love the fact that you ran around town just to get their handprints in concrete!
Love the new furniture.
Nice couch Nobody! wish I could have seen it in person!
Fishing...sounds yum....not! But you win the mom of the year award though!
YOU.....went fishing? The hater of fish went fishing. THAT does earn the mom of the year award!
Yeah for all the new stuff. I bet your living room does look a little empty with just that couch. Darn, just more shopping. Love the new couch!
And YEAH for the patio finally poured! You are going to love it.
Nice couch. I'm sure it will fab in your house. You have good taste.
I've never been fishing before, but I'm sure it was a blast!
I would of done the same to get my kids hand prints on the cement before it dried up.
You had a lot to update there! Good choice sacrificing the back cushion thing. That couch is totally you...I really like it!! I love it that you had the kids put their handprints in the concrete. I'm sure I would do the same thing...if I had a house. :) The kids are cute in those pics!
Post a Comment