We had a lazy day at home tonight----YIPPEE! It is our only night this week to chill at home. We usually do "Pizza at the Parents" on Tuesday nights. "Pizza at the Parents" is our night to get together to eat pizza for supper at mom and dad's house along with Garth. Just an excuse to get together. Well "Pizza at the Parents" has been reassigned to our house for the time being because ma and pa's kitchen is being remodeled. Anyway, mom and dad couldn't come tonight because mom is getting ready for our weekend trip to Denver and just needed to get some things done. So Garth came over for nachos and bean burritos. That sounded so good for some reason. TOTAL SIDE NOTE: Before I made the nachos I ran over to a little market in town that sells organic (hormone and antibiotic-free) hamburger meat for $2.99/lb! So I grabbed some of that. Back to the boring story I was telling.....so Garth hangs out for a free meal and we snapped some pics with him. He got his haircut because it was getting so long and I guess medical schools don't like you to look homeless. Something to do with patient care or something. ha!
And I dropped in at the mall today to kill a bit of time after a showing today to see if I could find anything really cheap for Ella for our weekend away. I ran into Old Navy and they had this cute safari dress. It is even cuter on than it is off. And it was $6.99! So I also grabbed some of the 2/$5 flip flops in gold to go with it.
And here is the biggest of them all. I have had a bit of a hard time adjusting to being the mom of children in school. Cut me a break here! It has been a long time where they weren't in school. Well, I have missed several things and missed several dates that I was supposed to help or send something with them to school. I pulled THE BIGGEST boner of all time today though. It is a bit embarrassing and I almost didn't even put it on here. But, oh well, I'm human and I am over it.....kind of. So I go to pick up Ella and she has all of her stuff from school. She had her nametag that they use everyday and her snack tent card with her name on it etc. There was also a present in there and a compilation of all kinds of papers the teacher had put together. Well, she said, "I had a program today and we sang songs in there." (pointing to the gym) I'm like, "Holy junk! Did I miss the last day of school program? No, that's on Thursday which is the last day of school for her." Whew! I thought I missed it. So Ella said, "I sang songs and everybody's mommy was there. I looked for you but Miss Julie said that she didn't see you. So I gave her a big hug instead and sat by her." After that I feel about an inch tall. And that is still how I feel when I think about it. I apologized over and over to her. She kept saying, "Don't worry mommy. I forgive you. I just sat by Miss Julie. Don't worry mommy." So today was the last day of school. No program, no gift for the teacher, nothing. I thought I was supposed to do that on Thursday. Once again, Mom of the Year Award goes to me.
3 comments:
Holy Junk! You are forever banished from getting the mom of the year award! No just kidding, I did a similar thing when Logan was at Battlecreek, felt like a big fat goober.
And seriously, does anyone in your family take a picture without a goofy face, or do you just delete all of those? LOL. I don't think that I could handle a normal picture, it might make me fall off my chair! J/K.
Super cute dress for Mary or Ella, whichever she is today.
That is a cute dress Ella, I mean Mary is wearing. She can be Jane from Tarzan.
Shame shame shame, what kind of mom are you. j/k. That can happen. It;s sort of funny though.
We should title your pictures "The goofball pictures" haha. non-the less I got a kick out of them. :)
Okay....enough sympathy...I have NEVER forgotten something as important as a school program!
But the other day I put 3 bananas in the dishwasher and turned it on!
I think you could still be in the be in the running for Mom of the year because you are such a FUN mom! It is evident that you enjoy your children!
See you in 2 days!
Post a Comment