Thursday, May 17, 2007

Whoa!! A Spare Second!

I have been so crazy busy lately. Crazy. Here are my roles: mommy (one of the most stressful things this week), wife (oh yeah, I'm married), terrible transcriptionist (for trying to go too fast), Sunday school teacher (we started our class four weeks ago), student (it's a little overwhelming), terrible friend (for lack of time).


I have had work like every single day. I just pray every time I open my e-mail that there will NOT be anything from Dana. I know it is inevitable though, so I keep checking it. I just look and hope. And it seems that I am always more overwhelmed. I just keep telling myself that this is just for a month. I have class on Thursday nights, Friday nights, all day Saturday, and all day Sunday. So that leaves Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Well, Gabe has softball on Mondays and I am at the Bell's on Wednesday. That leaves Tuesday which is usually my biggest work day. Ugh. I do have next weekend of though for Labor Day. As my Nobody would say, "That's a free space on my Bingo card!" I would have to say this time that I feel like I have the whole BINGO and not just the free space. I will have to study for my test that weekend though. You first pass the course with a test and then you can move on to the two tests from the state to get your license. I think I'll be okay though--even though tests are not my forte.



So a few things that happened today.... I scored at the greatest garage sale ever in my history today. Since being away I have really missed our serious garage sales up here in the north. Tulsa had garage sales, but they were just not done the same way. Garage sale weekends start on Wednesdays here. I went out yesterday and got a really cool book for Micah and his workshop. I also got a box full of little jars that I saw an idea for from Martha Stewart. And then some cute new shoes. They were never worn (maybe once) and were just my size. Well, today I stopped at the ATM and got myself a crisp $20 and headed down to a sale up the street near McKennan Park (a rich area with old overpriced houses). It was three rich stay-at-home moms putting on a sale full of Pottery Barn stuff and name brand clothes. So I stumbled upon a stack of clothes that were just my size. I just went down to a size 8 and was hoping the pants would fit. I got a few things in the pile and added a GAP purse to make my limit of $20. I got two pairs of capris, a black summer skirt, two tanktops, and 3 shirts (and the purse). Well after doing my running around I went home and tried it on. It all fit!! What the what!? I don't know how many times I have gone to the mall and completely threw out my budget due to the fact that I can find NOTHING that fits and I am desperate. So now I go to a rich girl's garage sale, spend $20, and hit the jackpot!? YES! So I load the kids up after filling their bellies with chicken nuggets and apples with peanut butter and we go back to the sale. I got a few more things for $16 more. So here is what I end up with: 4 capris, 1 skirt, 4 tanktops, 6 shirts, and a purse. And that is all it takes to put a smile on a South Dakota girl's face. I can't wait to go next week!



One of my errands was to run to get my oil changed. Yeah, the Montana was about 1,000 miles overdue. My grandma always says that she doesn't go to the doctor because, "When you go to the doctor-you die." So I figure the same goes with your car and I avoid going. I bucked up and went though and found out I need new brakes, 2 new tires, new rotors (like I even know what a rotor is!), and a few other things. The guy told me that the brakes were almost to the point of being very dangerous. He said that if they were much thinner they wouldn't legally be able to let me leave the shop without changing them. I'm glad I took it in. We have to drive that thing all over this summer. I found a place to get the brakes done for Saturday morning.



I got the sweetest card in the world from my SIL this week. Deanna sent me a wonderful Mother's Day card and just made my day. I've been having a pretty tough week with my oldest and was so happy to get it! Thanks De! You made my day!



The kids had their award's night for AWANA last week. Here are some pics.



4 comments:

Amos said...

This month has been nutso for all of us I think. I don't know why May has to be so crazy! And when you add moving into your house on top of it, crazy city.

Awesome about the garage sale! I miss the 4 day events up there. The first sale I had here I started on a Thursday, not one single person came! Definitely a different mentality.

Hang in there woman!

DeGrimm said...

Sorry you are having such a crazy time right now. I'm very proud of all you are doing. The chaos will soon pass and you will be glad you did it. If you ever need a quick break, give me a call.

Congrats on the garage sale find. That's a good feeling! Like you won the lottery (I guess, I've never played so I wouldn't know what that feels like, but I can imagine).

The pictures of the kids are cute. Ella is a ham...

Glad I could make your day. Sorry the card was so late. I love you!

amazingbrenda said...

Hey nobody. what up.That is sooo cool. Glad you found cool stuff. I LOVE IT!!! when u can find good deals like that.

I know how you feel about busy. Your Free space on that bingo card will be all yours. Enjoy it!!

I like the pictures. Ella is so funny..she's always making some kind of funny face. ;)

Domestic Diva said...

Well, you are in good company...I can hardly keep my head above water....crazy busy here....but free spaces are on their way!!!

Love you and can't wait until June 23rd!!!!