Not a whole lot going on with the Grimm's this week. It has been great weather out so we haven't even had to turn out air conditioner on this year yet! We always love that when the bills come. The kids just play outside all the time and are working on digging a massive hole on the side of our house. I pulled a big huge weed (okay, it was like a baby tree) and they decided that they want to replant it on the side of the house. I think they may make it to China before they remember to put the now dead plant in. It was getting so big that I filled it in last night. And like any good mom, I did it when they weren't looking. We picked rhubarb from our neighbor's yard and made rhubarb cake today. It is like the yummiest stuff in the world. I'd eat the whole pan if it was't so fattening. Two cups of cream, three eggs, and a half cup of oil in that baby. Yummy.
So Gabriel had his first softball game last night. He was so thrilled to go he could hardly stand it. He loves it so much that he hasn't even noticed he's the only boy on his team! There was one other boy but we haven't seen him in a couple weeks. He may have dropped or something. He hit the very first pitch he got in his very first game he played. Daddy was so proud of him. Mom and dad came out to watch and he thought he was such a star. Dad cracked out his softball shirts from 1996 when Garth went to Nationals for boys fastpitch. Yes people, that was 12 years ago. And he still has the shirts...all of them.
One last thing, here is a pic of Gavin and Renae. I would say this isn't the greatest picture in the world. The one they sent with their invitation is really good, but I don't have a scanner here. Isn't she beautiful? Ella calls her "pretty aunt Renae". Gavin is getting excited for his big day. The Bell's gave us a suit for Gabe that he is wearing for the wedding and mom is making a flower girl dress for Ella.
6 comments:
Poppy's I love them too. I just recently found out that poppy seeds come from those flowers. I love them b/c they are orange & I love orange..well that color orange. We have them every where. On the side of the street there's like 100 of them. I told Steve I wanted to pull over & plick out a couple.
Some neighbour here has some realy huge ones. I saw them on Monday.
Way to go Gabe!!!
Oh another Northern thing I miss. Cool fresh flowers that grow outside. My mom used to grow Peonies and I loved them too. A lady brought some into the store a few weeks ago and I just got lost in the sniff of them. Funny how smells just do that to you.
Glad Gabe loved his game. Logan can't stand T-Ball and it is becoming a chore for us rather than an enjoyment. Only 3 more games to endure and then he is done. I think he likes it when he gets there but getting there is full of complaints. But the weather has been nice here too.
Renae is a cutie. I'm sure she will be a great addition to the fam.
My neighbor in ABQ used to grow poppies! Nice pics...especially the digging the seed outta the nose.
I can just see your dad pulling out those shirts...too funny! Fun for Gabe to like t-ball!
Amos, flowers grow in OK, CO and in ABQ...so, not sure I understand the Northern thing :0)Are they all wild, cause in those places, they needed to be planted.
Gavin's fiance is really pretty. They look really happy together. Got a kick out of the pick of Gabe with your Dad's hand on his shoulder. Gabe looks terrified but you can sure tell in the succeeding pics that he was having fun. Still waiting for more pics of your house. Do I have to walk over there?
when are you going to post something?? haha! Miss ya!
Oh where oh where did our little J go, Oh where oh where did she go??
Post a Comment