We woke up this morningn to an overcast day. And an overcast day it has been. Have you ever had one of those days where you wished you could deport your children. Of course I want them back by the end of the day, but only if it is at bedtime. My blood pressure is up, I can just feel the zits popping out on my face from stress, and I have a tension headache--even after coffee and a Coke. I just want to stick my head in the sand.
We met our neighbors at our new house and everything gets put in perspective when I think about what she does on a daily basis and what she has gone through. Her name is Anna and she has two children. Carl is 5 and will be starting kindergarten next year and Elsa is 3 and is about three weeks younger than my Ella. About two and a half years ago while they were living in Germany her husband and son were hit by a speeding car while they were walking across the street. Her husband was killed and her little boy suffered serious brain damage. He is just starting to talk and walk again. You can understand him if you know what he is saying, but he really will never be "normal" again. Just the two sweetest little blond-headed kids. He is a very special boy and I just praise God that He has put them in our life for many reasons. The first of which is I can be grateful--even on our overcast days. I will get a picture of all of them together for you all to see.
So with our less-than-perfect day I decided we should go rummaging to get the kids out of the house. I picked up a great fake ficus tree for my new living room for $5 and some wonderful clothes for Ella. Don't you love it when you hit a garage sale and they have very cute clothes in abundance in your child's size. Like hitting the lottery. A little adrenaline rush in the midst of a seemingly bad day. When we went outside to leave though this is what we found: There were millions of petals from the flowering tree out front of mom and dads house. It looked like snow. I couldn't get a good pic of them throwing the petals in the air and it was a little too bright for Gabe.
Also, for those of you whining and crying about me not posting pics of the house--here they are. It is quite hard to get pics that really do it justice, but you get the idea. No we are still not done with the bathroom. And no we have not slept there yet. Mom and dad are going to Denver this weekend to meet Renae so I hope they will be able to come home to a nice quiet empty house. Anyway, here are the pics. Here are the curtains I made from the fabrics I found with my Nobody. I also ordered some ric-rac online from a site called the Ribbon Jar if you ever need anything. THey were great with their shipping and very inexpensive. Cute logo too. I have yet to finish the top valance on the window and the one for over the sink window. It will get done though.
My bedroom! I was so glad to take out my comforter and put it on our oh-so-comfy bed. I can't wait to sleep in a king size again! That was really the only place the bed could go for flow in the room. I'll nneed to figure something else out with the curtains I have for over that window. Any ideas?
Micah's neat-o handy work. He has done well. He said that a shower surround is much more difficult than a floor. Each row has to be level while maintaining even spacing. He just has the top two rows and the side cuts left before he can grout. He even made that little alcove for our shampoo bottles and what not. What a man. That thing was a banchee to do though.
Mom helped me liquid sand and prime the beadboard that we put up. There were a few spots we couldn't put the trim up yet because of some sheetrocking and mudding we did from building the wall.
We got our black fridge in without a hitch. The appliances all look great together and I LOVE that convection oven. I know it is all a mess and there are boxes everywhere. I have about run out of steam though. Someone needs to come visit so I have an excuse to clean up!!!
Thursday, May 03, 2007
An overcast day
Posted by Somebody's Nobody at 1:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Get off the PHONE!!!!!
I would tell you that I will come to visit but you would laugh and not clean cause it's just me...so whatever....
Wow, Nobody...I love the curtians....I am glad I got to share the experience in finding the fabric w/you....
Nice tile Micah!
Well, you are going to have company for the 4th of July...is that enough time to clean?
Yes that is enough time. Too much time actually. Another two months!?
Hey! The house looks great! I love your curtains! And Micah is amazing...I am SO impressed. That shower is awesome! How cute that your neighbors little girl is Elsa. I'm sure they will be cute playing together. We don't have any kid neighbors yet...it would be nice to have that. I miss you! Really.
Oh, by the way...my parents are here and my mom pulled your blog up on her computer. I finally saw Ella's video. That is so stinking cute! Hayden watched it three times and cried when I told him "all done." He loves his cousins!
Well, it's about time! No just kidding. Love every piece of the house. Is that really the same kitchen? Seriously, those appliances sure make those cabinets stand up and look great. What a blessing I know you will be to that family next door. Sure makes us appreciate our fams more. Can't wait to see more pics too, take one of the front and back of the house. As Guru says, I need to see the color of your front door!
Wow! I love that black fridge! Sure makes your kitchen look different - looks fabulous!. Tell Micah when I need a tile and grout man, I'm coming to get him. What a super job he has done! Can't wait to see the rest of house. Can I come for coffee? You don't have to clean for me. I have little kids around too!
Love your house. u did good. Of course you would. Love the curtains.
The bathroom tile looks great! Way to go Micah!!! Hope I can see it in person one day. ;)
Hey, I just spent the last half hour reading your blog...all the way back to where I last read a couple months ago! You are very interesting! :o)
You house looks great! I love the curtains too! You and I have the same taste. I LOVE your style. I wish I was gutsy enough to do the stuff you do though (colors and fabrics). I could TOTALLY turn you loose in my house and let you go though..and I'd LOVE the end product! Wish we'd hung out more when you lived here!
Post a Comment