Pretty crazy past couple of weeks. We have been so nuts trying to get everything ready for the house while maintaining our jobs and being parents. I am so ready to lay down for an entire afternoon watching movies with the kids. That sounds like a dream.
House update:
We are offically moving on Saturday. The carpet was laid in the house yesterday and it looks gorgeous. It just totally changes the whole look of the place. Mom went over ALL day yesterday on her day off to clean while I was working at the Bell's. She and dad have blessed us so much it is unreal. She washed all the nasty windows, washed all teh cupboards inside and out, polished all the woodwork in the bedrooms upstairs, and cleaned the hardwoods too. Among other things. We have seemed to work every night over there with them taking the kids home for us. And then Corrie calls yesterday and offers to take my kids on Saturday when we move everything. So sweet. I need to get over there with my camera.
Family update:
My brother called about a week and a half ago to tell us he is getting married on June 22 in Denver. A little bit of a shocker. He has been dating Renae for six weeks now and they are getting hitched. He says that she is the one for him and has known since their second date. He said there is no sense in waiting if God has brought her into his life and she totally agrees. Can't argue with that. I've really never seen him so happy and I'm happy for him. Still haven't seen a picture of her yet or talked to her. Gavin has told me all about her though and she seems great.
Gabe update:
We went to Gabe's first softball meeting the other day and he is so excited to play. He asks me everyday if today is the day for his softball practice. ALl he wants to do is practice batting in the backyard. So cute. I have heard of so many people whose kids try a sport and don't like it and they never play again. I just wanted him to find something that he likes and stick with it. Hopefully this will be it. We may do fall soccer too, but summers seem easy right now to start with. We went to Gabe's school and registered him for kindergarten. I thought it was some wort of dream or something. How could he be going to kindergarten? It seems like I was just nursing him the other day and he was a baby. He is stoked to go.
Ella update:
We found out that out next door neighbor at the new house has a little girl. Her name is Elsa. Ella looks for her everyday, but her mom must work fulltime because she isn't around much. Ella is getting ready for her new room. She is finally used to the idea of hardwood floors in her room. SHe has been quite upset to this point that she was not going to have soft floors like Gabe. Her new favorite phrases are "What's up with that kid?" when she sees someone doing something out of the ordinary and "What's the point!?" when Gabe is not doing something that she wants.
I'll leave you with some Easter pics that I have meant to post for a couple weeks now.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Updates
Posted by Somebody's Nobody at 10:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Beautiful sunshine there on Easter and cute kids too!
Wow, Corrie is sweet to watch them!
And your mom....I wish I had a mom like her. She is a gem.
Take pics.....please =)
Thanks for the update. That's exciting. Moving into ur own place...finally. I'm sure ur house looks beautiful. Please show us pictures soooon.
I can't belive Gabe in Kindergarten whoah! I can't believe that Andre will be going to kindergarten here in the fall. It's all kindergarten here until 1st grade. I'm not ready ot put him out there though.
Ella is getting so big. So what's the point! haha. funny, they sure repeat everything they hear. Cute!
Wow, you might be the only place without snow on Easter. It even flurried here. Crazy. Glad that the house is coming along and you finally get a pad of your own. And yes, you need to take pictures for sure!!!
That is a shocker about the bro. I thought he was headed back to SD? Guess not now huh.
We have Logan in T-Ball and he hates it. He is like Josiah, he likes to run so I think soccer will be our niche, maybe. Glad that Gabe likes it. And yes, I can't believe that our kids are in Kindergarten either. Logan is too funny, saying he can't wait to be a kindergartner. It is funny to hear that word out of his mouth.
Hmmm, I wonder where Ella gets those phrases from?
Hard to believe Gabe is going to kindergarten in the fall. Jamison and Noah will be too. I will be down to only Sawyer this fall and Mallory after school.
Wish I could come help you move this weekend, but Noel has to work so I'm babysitting too. Maybe I have to go get some electrical stuff tomorrow so maybe I will swing over with Mallory and Sawyer and see how you're coming along.
I can't believe how much you look like your mom in that pic!
Nice.
Post a Comment