Thursday, April 05, 2007

House update

Here we go. This is for everyone who keeps asking me for an update on the house. The whole house is such a mess. Stuff everywhere from being in and out. Garbage just waiting for a dumpster to arrive. Excuse the mess. Progress is being made though. I'll give you a tour...

This is the living roomn just to give you an idea of the color. Kind of a golden butterscotch. It will look good with the light carpet we will be putting in. I've also painted all the ceilings in the house. I painted them just a flat ceiling white. They were the same yellowish color as the walls.
Here is the bathroom. We tore all the tile off the walls that went halfway up. We have decided to put beadboard over the top up about 6 ft. or so. I'll paint it a sort of off white and then glaze it. This pic also gives you an idea of the tile Micah has put in. We have decided to put a mosaic in front of the tub. I got these beautiful glass copper tiles that are one inch by one inch. So great.
Micah ripped out the shower tile and sheetrock to put in cementboard for the new tile surround. We picked out some four inch tiles for in there with a little border that is yet to be decided on. The plumbers came today and put the shower plumbing and faucet in. Micah built this half wall up to the ceiling.

Here is around teh front door. Micah did this tiling on down the hall and of course into the bathroom. WE have yet to grout, but we will do all of that at one time. he did such a great job with the tiling and making it straight and even etc. It was quite the job. He has done a couple bathrooms before this, but this was by far way more challanging. Someone blessed us with borrowing their wet saw though. So great.
Here is the tile down the hall. I also painted this the same color as the living room.
The kitchen. Micah took down the cabinets that were dividing the dining and kitchen. I primed the paneling that was on the bottom of the dining. Since this pic I have painted it dark brown and the top a creamy color. I just finished this morning while the plumbers were there. It looks awesome and I can't wait for the curtains.

Here is Gabe's room in the basement. Dad has framed it all and then he and Micah have sheetrocked since this pic.
Here is from in the family room. The family room is pretty big after putting that wall up. I think it will be so cozy once the carpet goes in. I am also going to paint that paneling on the big wall.
Here is in the closet in Gabe's room. It pushed into the crapbook/storage room, but left plenty of space.
So there you go. I'll take some more pics of all the updated stuff. Maybe a couple more weeks and we will be able to move some stuff in. Just have to get the tape and mud guys over there next week to finish the sheetrock. Then I can paint the basement. Micah will finish the bathroom in the next couple of weeks. After all this is done we can move in and start the work on the outside! ha! It's only just begun.


3 comments:

Domestic Diva said...

I LOVE the color of the living room! You are so good with color! I wanna see the finished kitchen....please, please, pretty please:) with a cherry on top!

Amos said...

Yeah, awesome. I love that color too. And great job on the tile Micah! Definitely a "northern" front door, my parent's old house had the same exact one. Oh home sweet northern home. You guys are making that place look awesome, can't wait to see some more pictures.

DeGrimm said...

Wow! Amazing...I am SO impressed! You are doing a great job. There is no way we could do what you guys have done. Way to go! Cant wait to see the finished product!