I am boycotting visiting anyone. If you don't live in my town then I probably will never see you unless you come to visit. Just need to put that out there. Here's my lovely story.
I went to the airport and hour and a half early as one does before their flight. I was standing in line, minding my own business, when a guy and lady came up to use the easy check-in thing. I watched while he typed his flight info in and found out his flight was CANCELLED. "I'm glad I'm not on that flight," I thought. "What flight was that?" I said. "Denver at 4:00." he said. Craphole. (excuse my norweigan.) That was my flight. Yup. It was cancelled for mechanical reasons. Luckily, I was the next in line as the line started piling up behind me. The three people ahead of me were trying to make their arrangements to head off to the "land down under" and were taking a long time. I waited and waited seriously for like a half hour until I got to the counter and the lady told me there were three seats available for the 7:00 pm flight. I said I'd take one and as she dinked around and typed all the buttons on her little keyboard--- someone else took them all. Ugh. She tells me the next flight available isn't until tomorrow in the morning. I told her that is fine (I'm such a patient understanding person---I know. I know.) "Oops. Those flights are all full too until tomorrow evening at 7:00 PM. " No thanks. Could you please check other airlines for me." She said, "There is a flight from here to Chicago and then to Denver at 6:05 tomorrow morning." type...type...type...type "Anything else?" I asked. type....type...type..."Oh yeah there is a 7:15 direct flight." "Great, I'll take that." I said. (Who wouldn't want a 7:15 direct instead of a 6:00 with a layover?) She confirms the flights with help from the Australian family informal assistant who is still trying to get their flight taken care of ( I talked her into bumping my Monday flight to Tuesday without charge) and sends me on my way with my itinerary printed.
So I call my Nobody and she's like, "Tell me you're joking. Jaye, say you are kidding. ha ha ha It's a joke right? ha ha ha" "Lilah I am not joking it was cancelled again." "ha ha ha It's a joke." "No Lilah I'm not joking." and on and on. That woman would totally not believe me. I look down at the itinerary she printed to tell Nobody I'd be there at 7:45 her time and it says 7:15 PM!!! AHHHHHH! What the what!? I thought it was a 7:15 AM direct flight. junk!
So here I am stranded at the airport because Micah had dropped me off and I had the cell phone. I couldn't call him because he was at the new house working and didn't have a phone. I call my mom and she runs from work over to the house to tell Micah to come and get me. Thanks mom. Seriously. Meanwhile, I am sitting outside waiting (Praise God it was a beautiful day) and I decide to call the United 800 number (a.k.a. India). All the phone reps are from India. So I call India and talk to Brad. Have you ever known an Indian with a VERY thick Indian accent named Brad? Me neither. Well "Brad" gives me the hookup after I have explained very clearly to him that this is "My third flight cancellation on this confirmation number. I need a morning flight." I was very nice to good ol' Bradley. He gives me whatever I want.
After all that here's what I end up with.....
-an 8:25 am departure tomorrow morning.
-a 9:15 departure next Tuesday instead of Monday
-my work finished for the evening since I stayed home &
-a boyfriend in India named Brad
I decided that if the flight tomorrow is cancelled, then I am not going. Totally not doing that for the fourth time. I really wasn't upset about it. I think I'm used to it after two times. I was bummed that I wasn't able to go, but I actually got a better deal out of it since Micah had Tuesday off as well. Six full days.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
UNITED flight 6557
Posted by Somebody's Nobody at 10:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow that really stinks!! Hopen your able to get on that plane today. Have fun if does take off...if not...well...have fun anyway.
Wow! Ur kidding rite??? Joking....I still have no kit....it's friday!!!!!! Mailman better deliver or I will let my irish temper get the best of me.....
I still cannot believe you called me and told me that. What the What? It took me awhile to believe they actually cancelled it for the third time! Well, I am glad the story ended well that you were locked and loaded and are now safely there. Have an awesome time!
Huhhhhhh. I cannot believe it...I thought you were totally kidding! What the what? Awwww snap....move out of Sioux Falls....come on Eileen...
Well....next time I'm coming out that way....:)
Oh my gosh! "What the what?!?" to quote you. What a lame deal! Hope you made it on the next one. Can't wait to hear! Love you...
Post a Comment