Wednesday, March 07, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things.

Here are a few things on my mind. Things I am obsessed with. Okay so maybe not obsessed. Things that sure have been in my life lately.
1) Herbal tea. I used to drink a lot of tea in the evenings and then couldn't figure out why I couldn't get to sleep. After a couple weeks I realized it was all the black tea I was drinking. I switched to herbal tea (which is definitely an acquired taste) and now things are great. My favorite is Bigelow Lemon Lift. I'm drinking some right now. MMMMMMmmmm... One time last year I was really wanting to lose some weight and I decided that everytime I was hungry I would drink a cup of tea instead of eating anything. Worked pretty good. Just kind of curbs the cravings I guess.
2) The house. I didn't get to join up with all my girly friends in CO last weekend due to some weather issues, so I ended up painting and painting and painting at the house. I am done with everything on the main level but the bathroom(it's torn apart) and the kitchen because I don't know what I want to do with it yet. MOm and dad have been awesome with watching the kids for us. They just come over and take them. Don't ask or anything. Just come rip them out of the arms of their parents. j/k They are wonderful. They get books every night from LoLo and they really have a special bond with each of them. I got some great orange fabric at the store the other day for the living room curtains. And it was only $4 a yard! Bonus! Micah and I went to pick out tile tonight while the young pups were at AWANA. We found some but we are still deciding. He's like the budget patrol and I have the design eye. It's usually the other way around. Nothing we look at is very expensive though so it's not like I'm picking out granite times or anything. Speaking of granite....that's a great idea. j/k
3) Amy Butler fabric. I can't stop looking at that stuff. If I ever have another baby girl I will have an Amy Butler room. It is the most cutest stuff ever. I want to incorporate it into some curtains in the kitchen and possibly some pillows in the living room. I just look at it online everyday. Stupid. I have got to hit a fabric store in CO next weekend. Might need to save some of my scrapbook money and splurge on it.
4) Rocket Dogs. I got these new shoes a couple weeks ago and I am in love. They are so stinkin' comfortable it is ridiculous. I wear them even when they don't match my clothes. I'm sure I look like a dork, but what's new!? They will be my best friends this summer too. Shoes without socks. My favorite.
5) HGTV. Micah, mom, and I are hooked on HGTV. We watch at least one show every night and it is so relaxing. Micah almost likes it more than us girls. He likes to learn new stuff about home improvement and it fits. Last Sunday we ate at Applebee's after church which is right next to Jo-Ann fabric. We all headed down there after we ate so I could look at some fabric for Ella's Easter dress and Micah was on the prowl for vinyl fabric. He wants to keep some on hand in case he ever wants to make anything like Junk Brothers. It's a show where these two guys take a piece of junk that people have left out for the garbage man, change it into somethig new, and leave it in their yard and ring the doorbell and run. (i.e. they made a table into a pooltable once) He's crazy. Now that he's got this workshop he's like a new man. ha!
6) Games with Gabe. Gabriel is such a game freak. We play Sorry or Trouble at least one time a day and that is in between having Sonic the Hedgehog races on the XBox. He is so competitive it is unreal. I signed him up for softball so hopefully he can put his competitive spirit into action this summer. He really didn't have any hope though being the firstborn of Micah and Jaye. Bummer for him.

So that pretty much wraps it up. I will leave you with a pic of my daughter at naptime today. She carries around this baby she got from Aunt De all the time. She really believes it is real. She was supposed to be sleeping and I went in her room to check on her. She had made a pallet on the floor for her and her baby.

3 comments:

DeGrimm said...

Sorry you didn't get to go hang out with the girls...but I'm glad you got to work on your house. I'm sure it will be so cute. I can't wait till you post some pics of the progress. Ella is pretty cute on the floor with her doll. Glad she likes it so much. Wish I was around to play games with Gabe. I bet he's a hoot to play with! So, really...you are competitive? Since when? Well, I'm gonna go make me a cup a tea. It's that kind of day here and you made it sound sooo good! Yummm.

Logzie said...

Ella is adorable! I am so sad you didn't get to come. I was looking forward to hanging out with you.

Can't wait to see pics of the house progress too! :0)

amazingbrenda said...

Hello nobody. no time to talk. Internet finally...So sorry u couldn't make it. We missed u lots. Looks like u had fun snowboarding. How's that butte..lol

Glad u will be able ot visit Lilah. Your kids are getting so big. and funny too. Sounds like the house is on it's way for a major makeover. Cool. I'm sure it;s going to look beautiful. It sounds pretty already.

I know what u mean. When we got our house we were hooked on HGTV. So many good tips.

Ok, me too. I'm going to start the tea thing a magig, dilly whopper. Cuz I got major punds to get rid of. Well I will start major walking but it shall be a good combination. Love ya girl.