Sunday, February 25, 2007

Our weekend with uncles


I sent into my bedroom one night because I could hear the kids rollign around all over. Here is what I got. They told me they were boxing and they needed to wear the boxers. They could not wear anything else because boxers do not wear anything else when they are fighting. Duh.


Here are the kids with uncle Gavin. For some reason when I say, "Say cheese!" these faces are what I get. I don't think I will ahve any cute pics of the kids that are posed. I know they are cute to have them do this because it shows their personalities, but seriously. I just want one!


Children....

We have been spending all weekend in a winter wonderland with our uncles on the Aasen side. My brother flew over on Friday and we picked him up. Here is how the conversation went.


Ella: "Did uncle Gavin drive here?"

Gabe: "No that's too far Ella."

Me: "It's not too far but he flew this time."

Ella: "What the what!? [yes, she actually said this] Does uncle Gavin have wings and feathers?"


That girl has just been so crazy and witty this weekend. It's been pretty funny to hear what her little mind comes up with. Gabriel too. His new phrase is "stinkin' good". We were at lunch the other day and it was "stinkin' good" and he told everyone in the restaurant. I wonder where he gets these things. Hmmmm.....


Winter weather....

We had a little winter storm over the weekend. The boys all went outside to help Gabe and Ella shovel. Ella kept climbing on Garth's shovel and it turned into a sled for her. She could not get enough of being swung around and around on it. Gabe loved to tease Gavin all weekend and he kept bombing him with snowballs while he was shoveling. It of course ended in a game.


Snowboarding....

Okay finally here is a pic of today. I caved and went with the boys and Garth's girlfriend Jenae(not technically but that is what she is). It was a very interesting experience for me. I was very determined to be good at this because they all kept going on and on about how it is so difficult to learn and I just won't be good the first time. I am competitive to say the least and I had to make sure that I was good-whatever good is. Well I stunk. It was just awful. I went down the first time and it took me like 45 minutes to go down this 1/4 mile run. It is like a bunny hill for anyone in CO. It is just not big. So I finally get to the bottom and decide I need to try again. I start again and it takes me another 45 minutes to get down. I fell every five feet. It was ridiculous. It got to the point where I could not even stand up anymore. I just laid there in the middle of the hill for about fifteen minutes. I'd sit up every once in awhile to make sure the medics didn't come after me or anything and then I'd lay back down. I was just so exhausted. So I am looking all the way down to the bottom and think that I just have to get down there one way or another. I muster up all the energy I have and all of a sudden I get good. I went all the way to the bottom only wiping out twice. I went to get a drink and recoop in the warming house and decided I need to try a few more times. The next time I went down with a couple of wipeouts and again and on the last one I didn't crash once. Now I'm just sore. But it was fun in the end when I didn't fall and get up 50 times in one run. I know I'll try again soon. If nothing else it was good exercise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have really enjoyed seeing the crash pictures....when I went to OR to go snowboarding on Mt. Hood my friend was gracious enough to take those pics and then send them to my family....what a good friend!

Amos said...

You DID IT!!! It sounds much like my first experience skiing. I couldn't get down the hill fast if my life depended on it. Looks like the fam had lots of fun this weekend. Can't wait to see you!!!!

DeGrimm said...

Sounds like torture! I went snowboarding one time and cried the whole way down. In fact...I didn't even make it down on my feet. I ended up taking the dumb board off and sliding down on it on my rear. It was a horrible experience and I will NEVER snow board again. I do, however enjoy skiing. The snowbards just killed my hips...I was in serious agony. I'm proud of you. You have more balls than me (I think we already knew that anyway, though) =)

Sounds like you had a good time with the boys. I'm glad they came...just sorry Gavin couldn't help you with the house. You close today?? Call me!

Domestic Diva said...

Yep....sounds...bumpy! Jayden and Josiah are experts now...JJ fell only once...me, I like skiing! I am old school!