Wednesday, September 27, 2006

IT'S FINALLY FALL!!!



It is finally fall. I haven't had a fall for two years since moving away from here. The past two years it has gone from summer (hot, hot, hot, and hotter) to winter (cold, but not frigid) with no break in between, except maybe a little rainy season. I haven't even had to buy fall clothes. I just went from tank tops to sweaters. We finally have some wonderful weather. It is nice to have the windows open at night and feel the fall breeze, let the kids play out side with a hooded sweatshirt on and watch the leaves change colors and then fall. Last year I remember going to the pumpkin patch and wearing sweaters (only for photo ops of course) and it being so hot that we ended up taking them off. We can go on a hayride this year with a blanket. Nice.

The kids were playing outside today digging in the dirt and found some worms. They came running to the door with Ella's hand full of about 6 worms. Gabe totally would not touch them. He gets really grossed out with anything dirty or slimy, so he gave them all to Ella. She yells, actually I don't think she has any volume setting other than loud, telling me that she found a family of worms. "I have a mommy, a daddy, a sister, a brother, a mommy, a sister, a brother, a baby, a daddy..." and on and on. I finally made her go put them back after she counted them about twelve times. Gabe just got the willys the whole time. I think I ruined him when he was little. Both Micah and I were so anal with making him stay clean that he doesn't like to be dirty now like little boys should. At least he's a clean eater.

Tomorrow is my first day with cleaning and laudry once a week at the Bell's. It really is a great job and I am very grateful that they gave the opportunity back to me. I just love their family and I appreciate all that they do for me. Micah starts work on Monday so this will be his last full day watching him while I work and he doesn't. The job he took is one where the insurance starts day one. It will ease my mind to have insurance back. It has only been 15 days, but 15 days is a long time to freak out about every little thing that happens with the kids. My friend AMos knows how I am a nut about the whole health insurance thing.

2 comments:

Logzie said...

That is too cute about Ella!!

You asked about my Ella and she is doing great. 4 mths. old already and it's going so fast! Hey, is your Ella a nickname or her full name? Just curious...my Ella is short for Gabriella.

amazingbrenda said...

Hi friend...Glad your enjoying fall. Fall is begining to set in here as well...maybe not as cold as it looks on your pic's & blog. But it's getting cold at night. It's dark @ 7pm now. Cold in the mornings & nights..warm in the mid-day & on.
That's so funny about Ella. H's & K's (hugs & Kisses)