Friday, November 17, 2006

Denver, teeth, birthday, and a house?

I thought I'd look at my blog and i realized how much time has gone by since I posted last. Life has just been plain crazy. I didn't know how boring my life was in T-town I guess. Not much going on ever. Always just sitting around waiting for Micah to get home it seemed. This is the very first day in two weeks (literally) that we have not gone anywhere. I have to change my schedule somehow.

Anyway, I am very very excited because I am riding down with my rents to go to Denver next week for Thanksgiving!! Ahhhh! I am looking forward to seeing two of my very close friends Guru and Amos. It has been 3 months since I have seen either of them and it is long overdue. We are driving down starting out on Tuesday and finishing on Wednesday and coming back on Sunday. I am planning on doing a lot of nothing in the car without kids. This will be the first trip I have taken since I was prego with Ella that is simply a joytrip by myself. No kids in teh car. No work. Nothing. Just silence. Very exciting.

My big boy turned 5 on Wednesday. Yuck. I cannot believe that little baby of mine is five. Seriously...where does the time go? He is going to kindergarten next year! I'm going to die. We had a little bowling party for him and went to CiCi's afterwards. He had such a good time with his little friends. Ella gave him a Spiderman backpack and he carries it everywhere. Full of stuff. And Guru gave me the idea to give him Magnetix since JJ got them last year for Christmas. Let me tell you that if you have a boy who is 4 or 5 and does not have Magnetix, shame shame. You have got to get some. He will sit there for hours playing twith those little things. Pretty creative too. He also got a book from his grandma and grandpa that you can draw pics and then record your voice telling the story. Very cool.

I took the kiddos to the dentist the other day. Gabe had 2 cavities. Joy. And Ella has to have her front tooth pulled. Even bigger joy. She had cracked it on the floor over a year ago and we had a dentist look at it at that time. He said to just leave it and it would befine. Well this dentist took an x-ray of it and said that it is abscessed and infected under the root. If we don't have it pulled, then her permanent tooth will come in all decayed. So we are getting it yanked. With how emotional that little beauty of mine is, it should be every mother's nightmare. I'm just very grateful that I took her to the dentist and they found it. Otherwise her teeth would be so yucky when they grew in and I would be so mad at myself. Praise God.

We are still living with ma and pa and enjoying it. The kids just love it here and their Papa and LoLo do too. Micah is doing great also. Everyone gets along great and it really is just fine. However, I am ready to have my own house. There really is no urgency in getting something because it is too crazy cold to move int he winter anyway, but I need my own space. I want to be ableto spread all my scrap crap across the floor and work until 2:00 in the morning with the tv on and then leave it all out for the next day without feeling like I'm in someone's way. I love my parents and we are really having a wonderful time, but I think we may need to find something. Micah is just fine here though. I think he really likes it. He loves to stay up with my mom and I to play board games anddrink hot tea. We'll probably all cry when we get our own place. And it'll probably be only a mile away. ha!

I guessthis is justa catch up post. Nothing great going on. Just life.

3 comments:

amazingbrenda said...

That's great nobody. I'm glad you will be paying our guru a visit. She is really excited.

That's kinda cool, no kids. enjoy it girl. I'm sure your fa will have fun & it will be fun to visit your brother.

Tell your ma & pa, micah & the kiddos we say hello & miss you lots.

I wish I was there with u guys. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I was starting to think you had fallen off the face of the earth! C U 2Morrow!

Jen said...

We lived with my parents for 4 months last year while our house was being built and LOVED it 98% of the time. Then as soon as our house was built, they moved in with us while their house was being built (right behind ours) and we loved that even more. Now that we live right next door to each other, we still sometimes say we wished we had just built one BIG house and all lived together! ha ha...Of course, there are CERTAINLY times when having your own space is better and necessary, but there are also things about being together that just isn't the same apart---even if you do live right next door. Anyway, enjoy your time all together. It will make wonderful memories for your little ones! Very ironically...the s-x was better when we lived in my parents house too! I guess because it kinda felt like we were "sneaking" trying to be all quiet and discreet and stuff. Ha ha...crazy!
Oh hey...while Amos is off having fun in CO, her big boy Beau is laying right here at my feet keeping me company. He says Hi!