Friday, November 03, 2006

Women...women...women

So we went to open gym today at the community center. They have it open on Tuesdays and Fridays for stay-at-homes who need to get out of the house. Well, women are interesting I decided. THere are three groups of people at stay-at-home mom functions. First, there is the group that wears jogging pants everywhere and no make-up with the excuse that they don't have time because of the kids. They don't comb their hair or put their contacts in. (I sometimes wonder if they even brush their teeth.) This is fine except they ALWAYS are like that. It's the norm and not the exception. Then, there's the primped group. They get their kids in their best Gymboree outfits and where their best articles and stand around gabbing with eachother. They don't even acknowledge there is even anyone else in the room. And if one of the jogging pants' ladies children touches their GAP baby---watchout. And then there's the group that just want to get their kids out of the house to wear them out so they take a great nap that afternoon and so they can play with other kids. That's where I fit in. Just a normal person with normal kids playing normal games in a normal neighborhood. I don't want it any other way. I try to talk to eveyone there (at least a smile and a 'hi') and always end up talking with someone who just moved here. Something I can relate to after living in a foreign city for two years.

The kids always have a great time though. Ella loves cooking things for me and Gabe seems to connect with another boy wanting to play football or basketball. Afterwards, Sally Bell and I went and got "Disney on Ice" tickets for our families. It is something that I have always wanted to take the kids to, but somehow hear about it after it's sold out. So we went on ticket opening day. We got pretty good seats and it happened that the only night that worked for both of us was on the cheap night. Great!

Okay so I am starting this new Bible study next week. It is called Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) and it has been around for a long time. Sally invited me to go with her this week because they were having an intro session for people who were interested. I made the cut and my kids did too into the children's program. It is every Wednesday morning from 9-11am and it is interdemoninational, so there are a lot of different breeds there. But it is a study where they just study the Bible and not talk about this thing or that thing. You really aren't even to talk about what your pastor says or anything else. Kind of refreshing.

I still can't upload our harvest festival pics. I'll try later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok well I don't know why ya'll always have probs with Blogger...I have yet to have a prob uploading must just be my good luck. Why do you keep using the word normal when you talk about yourself. You're such a good story teller! HA!

Anonymous said...

jaye, how do I put music on my blog. If you read mine I have been struggling with the slide show and the music, any help you could offer would be great.

noe

Amos said...

I didn't know that I lived in a "foreign" city or that I was even from another country living here! Boy I didn't know that 10 hours away was that foreign. Hmmm, just kidding. Glad you came to this foreign land woman!

Yep, that is what it is like at preschool too. It is just kinda frustrating for me, but then I am not out to make friends there. I don't need all of their debt. Ha

Domestic Diva said...

Yep, isn't great to live in a town that offers neat stuff like open gym and such? I am sure your kids are quite worn out and ready for some down time.

Let me know more about this BSF!!! Could be some tongue talkers in there...I don't want you to get spooked!!!

Miss you!!!