Monday, October 16, 2006

Cobby Store and the "cool" factor

I just got back from dropping off the kids at the childcare lady and then from Cobby Store. Single sheets of paper are 50% off so I thought I'd look. They have gotten a TON of "cool" stuff in. They have SEI single sheets, We R Memory Keepers single sheets, retro style Christmas paper, TONS of American Crafts two-sided cardstock single sheets, and Basic Grey Collection Packs. That's right...Basic Grey. They have Blitzen, Oh Baby! Boy, Oh Baby! Girl, Gypsy, Lilykate, and Urban Couture. Awesome. They are not on sale this week, but the lady forgot to take half off on one of my rub-ons so she gave me it for half off so she wouldn't have to return it. Ha!

I dropped the kids off at with Linda this morning. I felt a little guilty leaving them because it's not a preschool or a learning center of any kind. I don't know why I have a hard time letting people watch my kids. It's kind of weird because I am working so I shouldn't feel so guilty. If I just was dropping them off so I could be by myself for a bit, then I guess that would be different. This lady is so wonderful though. She is my moms age, but she has a two-year-old son as well as grown children my age. So she is more of a grandma then a babysitter. She home-schooled her kids for years and years until they moved to South Dakota. A very godly Christian lady who will be wonderful with the kids. I don't know what I'm so concerned about. There are also two other kids that she is watching as well. They are 4 and 2, so it will be perfect with my kids. And they are such great kids too from a family that walks with the Lord.

I decided that it is my goal for this week to scrapbook everyday. I am very behind on it because of the move and everything. I would really like to get the majority of this year done before Christmas rolls around. I have a lot of cards to make as well as other gifts, so the more I can get done the better. I have a ton of supplies that I have been buying too. Tons of paper!!! Good grief there is a lot. I better use it before there is stuff I like better that comes out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting that you know all the names of those papers without being right there in front of them....did you write down all the names or you just have a lot of scrapping experience......Now I need to go back to HOLO to Check it out......

Logzie said...

It sounds like you drop them off and then scrapbook!! That sounds great to me!

amazingbrenda said...

I want to go to HOLO & COBBY. me want paper..me want stuff...drooling...Can't wait till I go to the States. enjoy the time off girl! You need it. Just ask me. I'm going insane! I need a break from the kids sooooo bad.

DeGrimm said...

Glad you have a great lady to watch the kids. Sounds like they will love being with her and you will love the time to yourself! Love you!