On Saturday we went out for pizza for my grandma's 70th birthday. (It's so fun to be able to joint the family for these things!) We went right after the drama in my last post with Ella not wanting to take a nap. Well she never did take a nap. It was time to go before she fell asleep. We were on the way there and I had just combed her hair out and had it all pretty. She has been told a million times not to touch her hair or take it out and it never fails that she does. She just takes it out when she gets bored sitting in the car or something. Well today was no different and she messed it up on purpose by rubbing the top of her head very hard on purpose. By this point I am so frustrated with this beautiful creation of mine who is oh so disobedient today....so it is time for a spanking in the Pizza Hut bathroom. I told her that we would be going to the bathroom when we arrived (we were still in the car)and she started the whine/whimper. Gabe was listening to this all play out and being my mommy pleaser he said, "Mommy if you ever had me and I was a girl, and you named me Ella, and you put my hair up pretty, then I would not mess it up." Ella heard him say this and in the midst of the whines and wimpers she manages to yell to him, "GABE YOU WILL NEVER BE A GIRL!"
One of those many moments that you can't laugh out loud, but it is definitely very funny.
Monday, October 09, 2006
Funny kids!
Posted by Somebody's Nobody at 10:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ok, just so you know that I am not being a "blogger snob"! I decided to leave you a note. Lucky - you. Your kids are hilarious, there comments to each other are so grown up at times. Kids comments in general are just plain amazing at times.
I'm glad that you had a good time with your family. Although I'm sure that the Pizza Hut bathroom wasn't too exciting. My mom once told me that I was going to write a book called "the bathrooms of America" because I visited there so much. And now that I visit them to spank my children too, I really should write that. It would make lots of money and you would be jealous I'm sure!
Wow, your Ella sounds exactly like my Kenzie!!! We have had that exact situation play out numerous times!! And Logan does the SAME thing that Gabe did! FUNNY!
ok..you might not have been able to laugh outloud at that cute remark Ella made....but I sure did! Kids do say the darndest things! And sorry...but the hairbow situation doesn't get any better. My Brooklyn is almost 6 and we STILL fight about her hair ALL the time! The most recent fight we've had is that she wants her hair fixed either like little Black girls with 5 different pony tails...or she wants it fixed in outrageous styles like the teenage girls on Disney Channel (Raven and Hannah Montana)---sticking all out everywhere. What's wrong with a simple pony tail and giant bow, I ask? Good luck!
That is so funny! I miss you guys! Wish our kids were closer...
Post a Comment