Saturday, October 07, 2006

Curtain call

I went shopping today from 10am to 3pm today. That was just crazy...but fun. The kids and I were on a mission. To find curtains for Sally Bell's guest room. Her mom is coming in on Monday and she wanted to spruce up the room a bit and make it look more homey for her. And not like black "homeys". I don't think her mom would appreciate that too much. We ran all over. Target, Jo-Ann fabrics, JC Penney, Children's Place, Burger King (just for lunch not curtains, Sears, back to JC Penney (got a rod and a set of curtains), and then back to Target (got two more sets of curtains). It was like a marathon. The kids were suprisingly good though since they did not have naps. We ended up at the Bells to put the curtains up. It was 4:45 when we left. Wow. It was one of those shopping trips where you are very exhausted at the end and don't even feel like you accomplished anything. I got what I wanted done, but I think it would have taken only an hour and a half for a normal person to find something.

We are in the process of house hunting. We are not real serious about it yet because we think we will be here for probably another three months or so. It just takes time to verify emplyment on a loan and prove your income. So I think after Micah has been there for three months, then it will be easier. Maybe right after Christmas or so we will get serious. But it is fun just to look. We are looking a little closer this time because Gabe will be going to kindergarten next year and we need to choose a house that is in the district we want. I really wish we could afford to sent the kids to private school, but I just don't think we can swing it. Unless we win the lottery, and we don't play. But what would public schools be like if every child from a Christian home went to private school. I would send them in a heartbeat if I could easily afford it, but no. Maybe by the time they are in high school.

Micah went to work today and was called out of his training class to speak with his boss's boss. She talked with him for a few minutes and told him that she was told that he came highly recommended for a training position. It would be an 8-4:30 Monday through Friday with differing shifts as needed. It came with a good salary attached to it too. He is supposed to interview for it on Monday. We know that whatever happens will be God's will. And if he doesn't get the job, then he still has the one that he is going into. I'm just happy we are back home. I don't even care if we have a little house and a little income. It just feels good to be here. When I was out today I saw three people at Jo-Ann's that I knew, one person at Children's Place, and another person at a local Christian book store. I just love to run into people that are familiar.

That's it for tonight.

P.S. Dede I saw Angela at the mall today. I didn't count her up there in the head count though. Not worthy.

1 comments:

DeGrimm said...

We will pray Micah gets the job! Did you tell Angela I say "hello!?!"