Well we have another barf fest around our house. It is oh so much fun. I was up Thursday night until 5:22 with Ella. She just puked and puked and puked. And then yesterday she was running all over the place, so I thought she was fine and I gave her solids for lunch. Yep, she barfed again. HUGE. I'm really tired of cleaning carpet, washing blankets, and bleaching every hard surface around. At least verything is clean. We wanted to drive around and go to open houses today, but Ella doesn't have good enough aim to launch into a barf bag. Oh and I have a number eleven for my top ten list...
11. If there is any chance that your child might be coming down with something, do not go to a Chinese buffet.
So I'm reallly into Christmas this year--already. I think our plan is to stay around here for Christmas, probably go to my aunt and uncle's cabin and then do Christmas Day with the rents. Then I think we will go down to Arkansas to visit Micah's parents and brother and sister-in-law. for New Year's. I just hope it all works out with Micah's job and the time off. We still don't know what position he will end up in. I'm sure it will all work out though. Even if it is just for a short trip.
I went to the paint store the other day to get some empty paint cans to decorate for Christmas goody "bags" for Sunday School teachers and AWANA teachers etc. They were only $1 each! And the quart ones were only $.50. Craziness. And I got the paper from the Cobby Store for them since it is so cute and half off. I think I have Delaney (my beautiful new niece) taken care of. I was finishing the baby bedding that got put on hold because of the relocation. I am almost finished with the bedskirt--oh so cute--and then I have the bumper to do. I would post a pic of it be Deanna reads the blog and it should stay a suprise for her. I am going to make all of the kids something else so I have to go to the geriatric Jo-Ann store to get the goods. It is going to be so cute though.
I called the school about kindergarten registration yesterday. They do all day everyday kindergarten here. It is from 8:00 to 2:45 everyday. They said that their class sizes are very small, which i am excited about. Only 14 or 15 students in three separate rooms. Great. I have to get him registered in March. Guess that means we need to find a house by then. It is nice not having bills right now though and can focus on paying off some debt.
On a random thought....don't you love to watch your kids while they are watching a movie. It is so cute to see them smile and laugh at silly things. I love it when Gabe is just sitting Indian-style and smiling at the TV. I know this is kind of a boring entry. Just a reflection of my day-to-day life I guess. Being a mom is so enjoyable though even if it sounds boring on paper (or screen). I would not trade this time with my children when they are young for anything.
Saturday, October 21, 2006
A day in the life
Posted by Somebody's Nobody at 9:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's a good attitude. Wish I could appreciate the "not so exciting" days I spend with my kids everyday more often. It always seems I am just trying to "make it through the day" rather than actually enjoying it. Sorry to hear about the barfing! Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon!
You can post the pic if you want. I wouldn't mind =). Sorry to hear that the kids are still not feeling well. Hope that all ends soon, for your sake. I'm with you on the watching your kids watch TV thing. Hayden is just getting to where he will sit and watch a movie and laugh at the funy parts. It is so cute! I can't wait till Christmas...it will be so fun with the kids this year. I know I say that every year...but I really mean it! It just gets more fun each year! Love you!
Well...it's Monday and I hope you are all finished with cleanup up puke! You poor thing!
Kenzie will sit and watch Dora and talk back to her the entire show. Dora always asks at the end of the show what the child's favorite part was and she always answers...so cute!
Post a Comment